Process line licensing now available to upgrade your facility.
MetCon process conditioning, pickling and chemical milling lines are now available for licensing providing cost reduction and environmental benefits to your site.
Metal Conditioning Lines
- 10-20% yield savings means 10-20% more saleable product from each ingot
- Lower direct operating costs than grinding and HF-HNO3 pickling
- Volume processing faster than individual grinding
- Simultaneous conditioning/pickling eliminates separate pickling step after grinding; eliminates pickling queue
Titanium pickling lines
- Precise, repeatable alpha case removal regardless of size, shape, contour
- Lower direct operating costs than traditional pickling
- No adiabatic heating requiring chilling; dramatically accelerates throughput
- No dangerous acid personal or environmental dangers or handling and disposal costs
Chemical milling lines
- Precision control to 0.0005” metal removal
- Conventional masking techniques apply
- Automated lights-out process line capability
Rectifier process control and electrolyte are common for all lines so a single tank can perform all functions.
Turnkey process line installations are available through MetCon engineering design/build partners.
MetCon process licensing is a win-win way for producers and component manufacturers to gain conditioning and pickling cost savings and environmental safety benefits. License costs consist of an installation complexity dependent technology fee and a usage royalty based on savings delivered.